|The new aircraft was showcased in the Marrakesh airshow in Morocco last April 2016.|
According to Mr. Penland, he said that the Kenyan Air Force is would acquire 12 armed LONGSWORDs and two Air Tractor AT 504s, a smaller version of the AT802L with a side by side cockpit, which will be used for training. The first set could be delivered within 18 months.
- A new enhanced glass cockpit
- Garmin G600 system
- Thales SCORPION Helmet Mounted Display
- Enhanced situational awareness
- Better field of view
- MX-15D HD EO/IR turret with laser designator.
- Dual screen Primary/Multifunction display
- L3 ForceX Widow mission management system
- A three-axis digital autopilot for better stability
- An air data computer and attitude/heading reference system
- Electronic Standby Instrument System.
- A digital intercommunication system
- HELLFIRE precision attack missile
- LAZU-19 rocket launchers
- 2.75in laser guided rockets,
- 500lb GBU-12 laser guided bombs
- Dillon 30 calibre gunpods